Thursday, April 10, 2008

Ali Jo Goetz 8lbs, 5oz

The night before Ali was born we had a houseful. Kara, Mom, Dad, and Karen had all driven in. C-Section was scheduled for 7:00 AM on the 10th. She was due on 4/23, but she was measuring so big at the doctor's office, that Dr. Motley, God love her, decided she didn't need to get too much bigger. A big thunderstorm rolled through about 3 AM. Jason and I were actually up. We were so excited we couldn't sleep! It was a rough one. When driving to the hospital, electricity was out on Bryant Irvin Road. We wondered if they might reschedule my surgery because their electricity was out too. Luckily, we pulled in and they were waiting for us. I remember there was a huge tree right in front of the hospital in the parking lot that had snapped at the base of the trunk. I was terrified.
Not to my surprise, Ali came out looking just like her Daddy, but with LOTS of black hair that seemed to style itself to the side. I didn't really sleep until we came home. Avery was such a proud, sweet big brother. He didn't want to leave the hospital or my side. The couple of weeks before I delivered, Avery wouldn't go to his Dad's because he wanted to stay by Mommy's side.















No comments: